Oil Spills Absorbents
EEX’s One-Stop Spills Solution: CleanOSpill
How do Spills happen?
Oil spills into rivers, bays, and the ocean most often are caused by accidents involving tankers, barges, pipelines, refineries, drilling rigs, and storage facilities. The sources of contamination of fresh and seawater are most often spills of oil and oil products byaccidents with tankers or underwater pipes, as well as offshore oil platforms and oil refineries. Moreover, the ships produce a large amount of oily wastewater such as bilge water which needs to be treated prior to being discharged.
Effects of Spills:
Depending on the circumstances, oil spills can be very harmful to marine birds and mammals and also can harm fish and shellfish. Some dramatic pictures of oiled birds and sea otters that have been affected by oil spills have been seen. Oil destroys the insulating ability of fur-bearing mammals, such as sea otters, and the water-repelling abilities of a bird’s feathers, thus exposing these creatures to the harsh elements.
Many birds and animals also ingest (swallow) oil when they try to clean themselves, which can poison them. Depending on just where and when a spill happens, from a few up to hundreds or thousands of birds and mammals can be killed or injured.
‘CleanOSpill’ absorbent is the most effective way to handle spill cleanup and absorbs oil, chemicals and water. This spill containment product helps in keeping the work environment safe. EEX provides the most efficient and effective absorbent products available.
CleanOSpill is engineered from Rice Husk Ash (RHA) and hence, its 100% natural with no chemicals. CleanOSpill has high adsorption capacity and can successfully be used as an effective adsorbent to cleanup of bilge water and spills of oil and oil products in water basins. It results in smoother, tighter
finish with typically greater tensile for increased toughness. This absorbent is an environment-friendly and economical product.
- It absorbs 15-20 times more than clay.
- It is made from 100% non-toxic organic plant material called RHA
- It has predominantly larger pores allowing for larger molecules to be absorbed.
- It is a non-caking, non-leaching material.
- It is light-weighted and easy to handle.
- It has no odorous fumes or annoying scents.
- It requires less absorbent to capture a spill which results in reduced disposal cost.
Who uses ‘CleanOSpill’?
- Air Force Bases, Aircraft Manufacturers, Airlines and Ai
- Auto Repair Industry (dealers, brake, repair, transmission, radiator, muffler, paint and body shops, etc.), Construction Firms, Fire Departments, Haz Mat (hazardous material) response teams and HazMat handlers.
- Gas Stations, Hospitals and other health care facilities, Hotels, Machine Shops, Manufacturing (factories) of all sorts (auto, aircraft, chemical engine, ink, heavy equipment, paint, etc.)
- Mining Facilities, Naval Bases, Oil Reclaimers, Petrochemical Industry (refineries, pipelines, storage facilities, tankers), Ship Builders and Repair Facilities,
- Transportation (airports, railways, bus lines, shipping lines, trucking companies), Utilities
(nuclear/hydro-electric plants), Vehicle Maintenance Facilities.
- Resorts, Restaurants, Apartment Complexes and Government Facilities.
Chemical Dispersants? Are they good?
- They are TOXIC: Eye or skin irritation with prolonged contact. Repeated or prolonged exposure may irritate the respiratory tract.
- Have a big impact on marine organisms that are directly exposed.
- The National Research Council report noted elevated concentrations of dispersant chemicals in
shellfish after a spill in Coos Bay, Oregon. The chemicals can also contaminate the skin of ocean-
farmed fish if their cages are near the site of the spill.
- Dispersants make the oil more soluble in water, so it won’t just sit on the surface. Just imagine
what it may do to HUMAN as well as Marine life?
- Dispersants push the oil into the environment through drains or water resources, rather than
removing it from the environment and this must be a bad strategy.
- Products to Clean Spill on Land and in Water
- Premium Quality with Best Price in Industry
- Delivery: Immediate, Products Readily Available
- One-Stop solution for all kind of Spills.
’CleanOSpill’ should not be used to absorb Hydrofluoric Acid.